Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Life After 5

I have quit my corporate job.June 5th, 2010. I want to say this again and again, a chant, a mantra, till I finally believe it myself. A 6-month thinking about it, a 3-month talking about it, and a 3-month notice period.I think Rome was built faster than my grand exit from the 9-5. I must say, in some kind of perverse, reverse loyalty binge, I did some of my best work in those last 3 months.

What do I do next? I call it my WTF plan: Wedding, Travel, Fitness.

Wedding: Getting Married on Novemeber 11, 2010. Yay for me and Sachin. The Wedding is in Mysore. I am being cajoled, bullied, threatened, enticed and incited into learning the art of making the perfect chapati. I am almost convinced that I will enjoy the supreme pleasures of marital bliss if and only if my chapatis are light, round and perfectly puffed up...

Travel: The first couple of months I dedicate to travelling..and most of it, travelling alone. Never done that before. So it is off to Dharamkot, then to Manali and Ladakh. Rajat is organising the longest Indian ultra, called The High. Am volunteering as a crewmember there. So Gute Reise to me!!

Fitness: The next big plan is to complete my ACE certifications, do a course in Lifestyle and Weight Management, become a fitness professional, and get paid for talking ad nauseam about diets and exercise regimes...el deliciousooo!

The next 6 months are looking a-promising...time will tell.

3 comments:

Bharani Shivakumar said...

All the Best Nischal. I envy you for the T and F.. :-)

nischal said...

@bharani...why not the W??? Lol!!

PrlJay said...

great plan there WTF like the order et al...do formerly fit people who've developed cellulite in the present qualify for fitness instructors too :)..